the big one...


I am tempted to delete the last posting ... you know the one that is titled "a month of silence"?
That was clever of me... except that, well, that was about 4 months ago. I thought maybe it would motivate me.


How Relaxing Is this Picture? I was enjoying Liquid Montana Gold...


Nope...I went merrily along blogging in my head all these months.

The thing is life here is sooo consuming in a good way. I heard a quote the other day that said...

"just remember, you can't download

real life."

Loving Fisherman and Little Bo
After spending some years trying to do just that it has been amazing to start living again... Tod goes fishing nearly every day... I run with the sun most mornings. Our kids are doing all of the things Tod and I cherish most about our childhood... camping, hiking, floating the river.




And at the end of the day we drive home to our quiet little life and I LOVE IT!!!

Okay, so you might be asking... what's with the title of this post? Is there a story behind it?
Why yes there is... thank you for asking. And now I will be telling...
The Loving Fisherman In All His Glory
Once upon a time... there was an awesomely hansome, kind and loving fisherman who took his family on a fabulous adventure. He got up early in the morning and got all of the poles ready, packed up the life vests and ham sandwiches...Today was the day he was going to teach his lovely lady to fly fish. All were bubbling over with excitement at the prospect of spending the day under the sky, floating down the river with the promise of landing the big one.


Well, as most fisherman will tell you (and I never believed them, but I do now...) there is a good chance you will land the biggest fish of the day on your first few casts. Wierd how that works... but this day, it was true. The loving fisherman cast only a few times, the fish rose, he set the hook and the boat was full of whooping and hollering because it was a BIG ONE!!!

Now, I have been fishing all of my life. And I mean ALL of my life. Some of my earliest memories are of waking at the crack of dawn with my Dad and paddling the canoe out on the lake to catch breakfast...I cleaned my own fish before I could ride a bike. So I am not a newbie... I am a rugged Wyoming (now Montana) woman... I don't need eyeshadow and lip gloss to have a good day and I know a thing or two about fishing. So when I saw that HUGE fish swimming toward the boat I decided to help it out a bit, you know how you do... you reel them in and then you pickem' up to show everyone. So I grab the line super excited for everyone to see how big this fish was and just as I lift it out of the water... snap!! The line broke and the fish swam away. Just then, an awkward silence fell over the boat.
Then, the loving fisherman spoke up...
"It's okay love, we will get another one." And he did...The End

Fly Fishing 101: Ladies... aparently fly fishing is very different from regular fishing... the end of the line is called the "tippet". It is a very fine line between the fly and the leader. And it breaks, VERY easily.



















































1 comments:

Angela said...

Hello there,
So glad you are out fishing and breathing very fresh, beautiful air. I miss the beauty, the vastness, but I know God has me right where He wants me. I love you and am proud of you four for living! Feels good, doesn't it?

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?