a month of silence...


Where does the time go? I knew it was about time to post because I found myself blogging in my mind again... we have been so busy and done so much... where do I begin??? Well, a picture is worth a thousand words and getting started again is hard so I am going to start with some images of life these days...

So one day after church I was chatting with a friend who was going to be immunizing her pigs later that afternoon and I impulsively was like, "Hey, can we come out to help you? We'd love it... I mean, we probably will be useless but it will be fun!" So she took us up on the offer and this is what transpired:


I KNOW... Tod roping pigs???? Many, if not all of you, are in disbelief... but it is true... Tod ACTUALLY roped a pig. Turns out he was not half bad at it!Okay, Mai receives the "MOST SHOCKING PLAYER" award. The girl was totally CRAZY with the pig thing... I mean she was going for it. It was hilarious because all that "dirt" is not dirt at all... Oh yes, you know what I am saying... STINKY. But Mai??? She (and her courageous mentor Dal) were chasing those pigs and getting right down into the "funky mud" to mark the pigs after they got their shots. Mai had a piece of pink chalk...her tool of choice... and she would just boldly run upto the pig, giggling with delight and scribble, scribble, scribble. It was AWESOME.



~
Maddox, well... I thought I knew my kids. My new theory is all parents must verify what they think they know about their kids with a trip to a ranch. Maddox was heart broken..."Pigs, cry mama...pigs cry". He was traumatized. So we headed over to the chicken coop and the horses. Much more his speed...
~





~
I have more pictures... and now I am on a roll but it is officially the next day and I have broken my new vow to myself that I will go to bed at a healthy hour... So goodnight!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to see you back at the blog Amy! I love the pictures. Sweet Maddox - "pigs cry" - OH MY!

Love you guys!
MOM

missoulamissions said...

What up Lady! love the pics & storys!!!Miss yall. need a dose of that country stuff... soon!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?