the world according to...



I can't begin to express how much this lady annoys me... she epitomizes all that is wrong with the world.

First, she is happy to be doing laundry... enough said. Secondly, her shirt matches her daughter... finally, her bright sunny disposition first thing in the morning* makes her one of THEM...

*(how do I know it is morning you say??? out the window farmer husband Bob is going to milk the cow and if you use your imagination, the sun is rising over the barn during some freak rain storm but that story is for another day)

You probably guessed by now, I am not a morning person. I can't even think until 10am. I am grouchy, confused, uninterested but full of guilt. Everyday... like "Groundhog Day" I wake up to a chipper baby boy who is ALLLLL Morning Person just like his Dada... man-o-man those two.

Maddox is ready to play, play, play before he even opens his eyes and his Dad well, let's just say his "morning personness" is a wierd combination of pride & personal vendetta that gives him a feeling of superiority (which if you ask me is a problem of all morning people.)

My Mama and my dear Sister are both morning people as well... so yep, my entire life has been one colossial battle against my natural Circadian Rhythms.

It is exhausting really, not being a morning person. Today, I found myself reading a article titled, "Nine Ways To Become A Morning Person". Nope, I am not joking.

The thing is, I don't want my kid to hate me. I don't want her to feel trapped by my in ability to roll with the world. I want her to be on time and not feel the anxiety that I have felt my entire life... what is a girl to do???

I haven't changed in 37 years... I have little (if any at all) faith in the fact that I am going to be able to make the shift. I almost thought to ask if any of you have any advice but then I thought... "No one is going to tell you anything you haven't heard before" and besides... the advice will just serve to make me feel even more inadequate. Who decided Morning People should rule the world anyway?

I could argue that even God himself did his most creative work at night... "2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night.".... I am just saying...

3 comments:

Mom said...

Tod did NOT get his morning persona from his Mom!!

Angela said...

You are gonna hate me, but God called the Light "Good" and thought it necessary to get the party started by bringing on the lightshow. I love you and feel your morning pain. I too prefer going to bed at 2:00 AM and rising at 10:00 AM as opposed to going to bed at 10:00 and back up at 6:00. I, like you, find myself still going to bed at 2:00 AM and the alarm mocking me at 6:30 AM regardless.
Take care and enjoy the contrast...of night and day and Tod and Amy...It's ALL Good!

BrandNewMuse said...

oh my god, you make me laugh so hard I almost pee my...oh well. I am so NOT a morning person and both Bryan and Noah wake up smiling so hard it makes me want to smack them both just a little bit.

on a side note, I do love your blog and miss you tons.

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?