i'd be lying if I said I wasn't....


JEALOUS doesn't begin to describe my feelings as I rolled out of bed this morning. My honey is away on the men's rah-rah, ski Discovery, play poker poker, love Jesus, big breakfast (not necessarily in that order...but close) weekend. It's been planned a long time, I want him to have fun and bond with his buddies, and know Jesus more... but I LOVE TO SKI!!! And I woke up wanting to be a guy for one day...

Inspite of my attitude I dragged myself and the kids out of bed and got us packed because my friend, Mrs. Starr had invited the kids and I to hang out with her and the 3 little starrs at a place called Fairmont... never heard of it but hey I am game. Besides, Mrs. S and I get each other and we laugh easily. She has quickly become one of my favorite people here...

So we packed up the kids for the 20 minute drive to Fairmont Hot Springs.
This place is REDICULOUS... heaven on earth! Okay, I admit, I am easily overjoyed however... as I sat in the perfectly warm (not stinky mind you) hot spring pool I could not believe what an awesome place this is. I sat there feeling the crisp Montana air against my face, looking up at a perfect "not one cloud" in the blue sky, while listening to the littlest starr - my friends girl - in her cute sing-song voice saying, "I am so happy, I am so happy" and I had to pinch myself. I thought... little star... "I am so happy too..."


2 comments:

Lucy said...

you had never heard of fairmont. seriously? honey, you need to get out more! glad you discovered it and we should ski together, for i too LOVE to ski!

Angela said...

I bet the experience helped you get over wanting to be a guy...right?

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?