i am a real montana woman... or so says my dad!


Yesterday I became a REAL Montana woman. I went ice fishing. Okay, so I went to watch Tod ice fish. And... while he went up at 4 am... I didn't leave the house until about 11 am.

When I called to let him know I was leaving he miserably (as only a man scorned could) informed me that they hadn't caught a single fish...something was wrong with "the fish" according to his friend. Those fisherman... I tell ya!

Maybe they needed more poles in the water?


Oh, hey... look I forgot to lable one. Okay, that makes 10!

And, well little boys apparently learn young how to master the
"scorned fisherman" face.

Shortly after this picture, Maddox gave up and went to his happy place... thank you Papa for passing on the joy of tractors!!















Maisie had a great time learning to ice skate on her new skates!!! For $2 bucks at the thrift store. These beauties almost beat out the bargain of 2008 - but not quite... I got Maddox a little pair of Sorrels for $1.00. YEP!!! I love the little ladies at New To You our local thrift store. They sell everything for a buck and donate it all to charity while chit-chatting over coffee and snacks 2 days a week. It is almost the best place in Deer Lodge.

Back to skating. She loved it and except for a few squabbles with her friend Emily about unsolicited advice (she is VERY much like her parents that way... competitive and stubborn. Poor baby, her fate was sealed the day she was born the first born of 2 first borns.) Once the girls agreed to skate at their own pace and just have fun... they did.





It was the most beautiful day! One last picture for you Mama...

2 comments:

Sally K. said...

I have never experienced ice fishing; I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be cut out for it ... but I like your idea of the 11am start time. By the way, I'm majorly impressed with your major-bargain shopping skills with the ice skates. Huge score! Love ya.

At The Masters feet said...

I am not used to blogging.
But I could not go without saying.
What a sweet and lovely place to come to.

A pleasure to meet you and your dear ones

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?