ooops...she did it again?!


My sweet lovely Mai...

So the other day I am combing her hair.
And until this day, she and I have had an agreement...
"if you want long hair, you have to let me comb it
without crying."
I absolutely hate fighting with my 6 year old about her hair. So, I'd say, if you are going to cry,
then we must need to cut it.
That was my manipulation and I was sticking to it.


Until my sweet Maisie informed me there has been a change of plan... it went something like this:


Mai: "Mama," eyes welling up, "I know what you are going to say."
she said with more drama than Kate Winslet in Titanic...

Me: "Well, Mai... you know the rule. And you look cute with short hair..."
trying to remain firm but positive.

Mai: "But Mama, I need to tell you something. There is a new plan..."
so confident and sure...

Me: "Oh, there is???"
now I am really intrigued...

Mai: "Yes... you can't cut my hair. Even if I cry."

Me: "Why is that honey?"
no longer combing but wondering...wondering...

Mai: "Because," she said, lip quivering,
"I am growing my hair for CANCER?!"



I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it is Tuesday, March 24th and I am snowed in here in Casper. I am missing my girls (Amy and Julie) and my beautiful grandchildren. So I am taking a break from my work at home day and looking longingly at your blog - why I don't know because it just makes me miss you all more! Anyway, I have seen this one many times, but I guess I never really read it before. ---------- Maisie, this girl of yours, is such an amazing person. She is a gift to the world that I thank God for every day (along with my other four grandchildren :)) - I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Thanks Amy for allowing Mai to be just who she is. The world is a better place for it. MOM

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?