my catholic friends will be proud...


(This field is 2 blocks from my house... I can't believe this picture was taken only a few weeks ago!)


This is what it looks like now:





i have a confession to make.

I have been blogging in my mind for months now. Even taking pictures and thinking about what I would say to the world about our new life. I started designing a new blog in November (I know, I know... NOVEMBER?!@?) This is where the confession part comes in... I have a pathological need for approval from EVERYONE. I won't even open the door for the UPS man because I am afraid he will judge me for the mess of toys strewn across the living room floor.



"shhh, kids...we don't want the UPS man to know we are home."
"why mommy?"
"because I said so...now shhhhhhhh!!!!"


I can hear my friend Laurie now...


"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" (read cute North Dakota accent).


Nope, SERIOUSLY PATHOLOGICAL. What if people think I am lame? Narcissistic? What if I don't spell something right...Shelly and Alexis will think they are smarterer than me! I just can't handle that because I am just as smarter as they are... (okay, seriously, the thought just flashed into my mind to tell you all I meant to do that...write smarter...and let you know it was a joke?!) I AM HOPELESS....


So, here I am. A full 10 days past my self-imposed deadline. Forcing myself to get over it. FYI>>> you HAVE to check out the "get over it" link...this website is AWESOME!!!

Confession #2.

I am gun shy. My last blogging experience didn't go so great. I decided to try the blogging thing last year when we moved our family from Denver to Montana and I really did have the best intentions of writing witty stories of my precocious girl and posting pictures of our romatic life. But quite frankly, once we got to Missoula I just didn't feel very inspired by our life. We were living in a TINY, 700 sqft apartment with 2 kids and a dog. There was one window that opened to a north facing patio. It was dark. And Cramped. And life was a little stressful. Tod and I were trying very hard to break old habits but we often found ourselves arguing... usually about nothing.


Some of you might have taken a look at my former blog over the past year only to find that in an entire years time I updated twice. You kept checking back, faithfully (Chris you are a good friend). I promise to do better this time...
That was Missoula...and it was an adventurous year that brought us good friends and a restored marriage - thank you Anthony and Cyndy for forcing me to wean my baby and go to that marriage conference!

Which brings us to our little one stop light town... Deer Lodge, Montana. (Julie... if you follow this link and go to more pictures you can see our town!! The Old Depot... that is our church. )


It definitely took some getting used to... the closest Barnes & Noble is 85 miles away! There isn't even a Target *gasp!*... the closest one is a 45 minute drive.
The up side is that without all of the distractions we spend alot more time together. I love that we spend our weekends sledding or fishing.






I love that Tod is home by 5:03 every day. I love that while our historical, one screen theatre burned down 2 years ago, most of our friends pop some popcorn and show up for movie night at chuch every friday.



Life is good here... Really Good!



I promise the next post will not be such a novel!! More pictures... maybe of our first family ice fishing trip... today! Daddy is already up there (since 4 am... crazy man!) I will be having a leisurely breakfast, with ample coffee and time for the sunshine to warm the air before I follow him up there with the kids. But I am looking forward to it! Mai got her first pair of ice skates this week - 2 bucks at the Rescue Mission Thrift store in Butte!!! So that should be fun...

I will try to post more pictures tonight...




















5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Amy so much for the blog - I love the pictures and can't wait to see more. I absolutely love the one of the old barn that is on the top. I am wondering if you can get me a copy so I can have it blown up and framed. I think it would be a great addition to the ones I have here at home. What do you think? Can't wait to see the pictures of your ice fishing day! Did Tod end up catching any fist?????
Love you all! MOM

Sally K. said...

I think this is a fabulous first post ... love, love, love it! Can't wait to peek in at your Deer Lodge life as you post here. You sound so fabulous and happy and healthy and amazing and (I could go on!).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

O.k. Amy....I am so great to have a new friend here who is so similar that I don't feel so alone in my one little stop light town. I have wanted to move away more times than not because I am the antichrist to most with my overly pleasing compulsion to visit them with coffee and trips to Target....just because I like to wander. Remember not all who wander aren't lost. I like to take pictures of areas around here and people freak when they see me with my camera....Please let me use you as my weekly confessional visit and you will realize how smarterer you are! I love ya girl!

Unknown said...

O.k. I meant not all who wander are lost...that explains a lot about me right there...ugh!

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?