the project...

A few months ago I had this awesome idea that it would be nice to have the kids toys in the main living area. This idea first came to my mind because the kids share a room and it is kind of crowded in there...and it isn't fun in there. Second of all. They would never play in there. They just kept bringing toys out to the living room. So I thought, hey, why not just make a cozy little play space in the living room and there was a perfect spot in the entry behind the couch... see:





















This plan worked for a while. That is, until I realized that I was cleaning up toys ALL DAY LONG...

Lately I have been going CRAZY with my crazy 2 year old and the fact that he is, how did my sister-in-law put it?

"Determined, independent and 2 years old". And... he LOVES to make messes.


The other day Tod came home and it looked like a tornado had spun through every inch of our house... and I thought to myself,




"A Tornado DID spin through every inch of our house... the National Weather Service named that storm MADDOX."


So, Tod, in the most fatherly voice he could muster, instructed Maddox to start picking up the massive amounts of LEGOS that were strewn across the dining room floor.


Just then it happened... Maddox looked up at his Dad with a totally serious look on his face, raised his little hand in the air and said,
"No Dada, Mama clean, see...(pointing to me in the kitchen) Mama clean okay?"


Wow... I get it. And, apparently HE gets it too. So, right then and there I decided that my world would no longer be over run with toys and messes if I could help it...



















See, since we have lived in this beautiful little house I have neglected the upstairs room. You know how it is when you move in to a new place. You get all unpacked but always, there are a few boxes lingering that get stored in the basement, garage, wherever. Well our "wherever" was up in the attic. I always thought it was unfortunate because it is a pretty cute space but I just wasn't motivated... until now.
























Thank you Chris!!! You got me through the overwhelming part


And They Have Not Stopped Playing Since!!!

(And there is not one lego on my living room floor!)






Enough Said!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Nice work!  It looks great and I remember what it looked like before! Keep up the great work! Love you.

Amy said...

Love this! Maddox is a little comedian!

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?