honey, i need the manual...

~



"The middle game, where the struggle is really fought, will take a variable number of moves, and will be named so until the certainty of mate for one of the two players is ninety percent."
Madame Flash, Je gagne aux éches, Marabout-Flash 1963

I am mother to two children who are unbearably smart. I mean, I thought these little creatures would stay dumb longer. You know. Like cute little mini-me's running around... no real opinions, no preferences to this or that, just cute little people who like their Mommy most.

Boy was I wrong?! I have a new theory that humans start out REALLY smart and get dumber as the years pass. Which would explain why Maddox can figure out how to spray shaving cream all over the bathroom but I can't figure out how to put it away when I use it. Or why Maisie has mastered the art of persuasion so well that I find myself sharing a bowl of ice cream with her for breakfast.
Yep, I am in trouble... already!





1 comments:

Sally K. said...

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Maddox was in there spraying the shaving cream. Too funny!

About Me

My photo
I am a working mom who is learning all about Grace... living simply, giving freely, without judgement of myself or others. After spending 10 years in the city I have finally found the balance I crave here in this one stop light town... who knew?